Feeding Fish to Dogs
Well-cleaned, thoroughly cooked, deboned fish of any kind probably wouldn’t hurt your dog.
Salmon isn’t poisonous in and of itself. There is a serious, potentially fatal disease called “salmon poisoning,” which is actually caused by a tiny, parasitic organism carried by a fluke (a small, flat worm) that fish can pick up. Cooking fish kills the organism, so "salmon poisoning" can only be passed along by raw or undercooked fish.
Beware of Fish Bones
Even cooked fish can be dangerous to your dog, particularly because it contains a lot of small bones, which are hard for even the most careful cook to remove. These sharp little bones can choke your dog or even damage his esophagus or the rest of his digestive tract. Talk to your veterinarian about developing a diet appropriate to your canine friend.
Note: All content provided on HealthyPet.com, is meant for educational purposes only on health care and medical issues that may affect pets and should never be used to replace professional veterinary care from a licensed veterinarian. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any veterinary medical health care advice, diagnosis or treatment.