by Nancy Kay, DVM
I remember the sad sinking feeling I experienced last August as I read an email from my friend Diana Gerba. Seeing her email in my inbox initially prompted excitement- oh goodie, more photos and stories about Donato, Diana’s adorable Bernese Mountain Dog. My excitement quickly morphed into utter disbelief as Diana described the death of her barely six-month-old pup caused by ingestion of a poisonous mushroom. [More]
NOTE: The views and opinions expressed by anyone posting on the “Veterinary Expert Blog” do not state or reflect those of AAHA. Content provided on HealthyPet.com, including the veterinary blogs and Ask-a-Veterinarian entries, is meant for educational purposes on health care and medical issues that may affect pets and should never be used to replace professional veterinary care from a licensed veterinarian. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any veterinary medical health care advice, diagnosis or treatment.