After four years of procrastination, I’m finally gonna do it! I’m heading into the operating room, only I won’t be the one holding the scalpel blade. A team of surgeons aim to fix a nagging back issue I’ve been annoyed by for far too long. Fret not, the prognosis is very good and I aim to be busy word processing again in no time! In the meantime, some of my esteemed co-bloggers will provide guest posts that I know you will enjoy. While in the midst of my post-operative narcotic haze, I won’t be emailing blogs as I normally do. Rather, I hope you will join me on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/speakingforspot) so you will be notified of new blogs as they are posted.
And now for some shameless self-promotion! I emphatically urge you to place Speaking for Spot at the very top of your holiday gift list for all of your dog loving friends, relatives, groomers, trainers, pet sitters, and dog park compatriots. And while you’re at it, don’t forget your veterinary hospital staff!
Here are five reasons to give the “Gift of Spot” this year:
- Free Christmas gift-wrap included (an adorable double-sided wrap with bright Christmas doggie décor on one side and red and white dog bones on the other).
- Free Chanukah gift-wrap included; sorry, no adorable canine theme (go ahead, you try to find dogs and Chanukah on the same wrapping paper!).
- Four dollars from each book purchased will be sent to the participating animal-centered nonprofit organization you designate at the time of purchase.
- Your gift will be personally signed by yours truly!
- Your gift will provide an invaluable lifelong resource that is sure to enhance the life of a dog!
Please visit www.speakingforspot.com/purchase.html to do your holiday shopping!
Thank you for your readership. I extend my heartfelt best wishes to you and your loved ones (including those who are furry or feathered) for a peaceful and healthy holiday season.
Dr. Nancy Kay
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
Author of Speaking for Spot: Be the Advocate Your Dog Needs to Live a Happy, Healthy, Longer Life
Recipient, American Animal Hospital Association 2009 Animal Welfare and Humane Ethics Award
Recipient, 2009 Dog Writers Association of America Award for Best Blog
Recipient, 2009 Eukanuba Canine Health Award
Become a Fan of Speaking for Spot on Facebook